Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Wait is over

When I was a kid, the last day of school was always an exciting time.  I looked forward to all the things I was going to do when I didn't have to go to school.  Then by the end of August, the summer became boring and I looked forward to the start of the new school year.  Well, those feeling don't just happen when you are a child.  I am feeling the same feelings now in seminary as well.  At the end of last semester, I was ready for classes to end.  The stress of final exams and papers had taken its toll, and I was crispy.  Now I have had about six weeks off and I am ready to begin again.  Luckily, I don't have to wait too long, as classes begin tomorrow.

This term my schedule is pretty busy.  I am taking 12 credit hours plus auditing an additional 4.  So my schedule looks like this:

Monday
9:40 - 12:30 Preaching the New Common Lectionary

Tuesday
9:40 - 11:00 am Intro to Worship
2:10 - 5:00 pm.  Intro to Pastoral Theology
6:30 - 9:30 pm Intro to New Testament

Wednesday
1:00 - 2:00 Fundamentals of Music

Thursday
9:40 - 12:30 History of Christianity II

Friday
9:40 - 11:00 Intro to Worship

This schedule is a pretty tough schedule.  For Tuesday's classes, I have already had to write two one page papers, and read about 150 pages.  Oh the joys of seminary, I wouldn't trade it for anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment