Sunday, May 13, 2012

Seminary Finals Haikus

Twila, also a seminarian and friend has decided to take a break by writing Haikus this afternoon.  I asked her if I could share them with you.  Welcome to finals week at CDSP!


Seminary Finals Haikus

Anoint sleepy eyes,
to keep studying this day.
Exams not yet done.

A consignation:
Baptized, confirmed to study,
things asked not again.

In history write
something ecumenical –
good for extra points.

Catechesis time:
Old church stuff explodes in brain.
A rite of passage

How does this relate
to serving poor, sick, hungry?
Help me understand.

Where does the truth hide?
Surely it is here somewhere,
on all these post-its.

Ecclesial plea:
Initiation, end soon.
Second year coming.

Grace? Peace? Where, oh where?
Put me in a quiet cell.
Too much studying.

Why can’t I keep thoughts
in my head like in a file,
ready for this test?

Grant us wisdom, God,
for we really need your help.
Words, answers. Amen.

Another page, Lord,
I know not what it will bring.
Make me ready, Lord.

On this test, dear Lord,
please give me strength to answer.
Rightly would be good.

Hear our cries, O God,
We are groaning and weary.
Show us promised end.

When this term is done,
every paper and exam,
resurrect me, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment