Friday, October 28, 2011

Reading Week

I have heard from some of you asking where my recent posts have been.  I haven't posted because I have been in Tucson with Ryan for my reading week.  Reading week for those of you who aren't familiar with it, is a week where we have no classes but are expected to read, write, and continue our work.  For me that meant reading about 200 hundred pages, and writing 4 papers.  So far this week, I have written a paper for Greek, Old Testament and Church History.  I still have to write a paper for Anglican Tradition and Life but that can wait until tomorrow as a friend and I are going to go into San Francisco for the afternoon.


Going back a bit, I haven't seen Ryan since August before school started, so you can imagine how excited I was to see him.  I flew out at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday with the hope of making his baseball game.  Of course, the fog in LA was so bad, that my flight was delayed by an hour.  Luckily, I still was able to make it to the game to see the last inning.  I got to see Ryan bat as well as play second base. I missed seeing him pitch.





 On Sunday, Ryan and I went to see Shrek, the Musical which was part of the Broadway in Tucson Series of plays.  I thought it was good for Ryan to see what a Broadway show was like and he really enjoyed the show.  If the show comes to your hometown, I highly recommend it.



By coincidence, it was also reading week for Ryan as well.  Of course, his reading week is a theme week around books.  On Tuesday, I got to have breakfast with Ryan at school and then at 8:30 the school, had a character parade, where each student dresses like their favorite book character.  Ryan dressed up at Raul Ibanez, the Philadelphia Phillies player.  A good friend dressed up at a storm trooper.






Overall it was a great week spent with fabulous little boy.  I know I am his father but I am so proud of him, I amazed at the number of people that compliment him on his manners and his helpfulness.

I will post some pictures of my adventure this afternoon later in the weekend.  Until then, I hope everyone has a great day.

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment